Comcast is working to connect more than 600 underserved homes and businesses in Hampton County, South Carolina by October 1. The network expansion will provide households and businesses of all sizes with access to the Xfinity 10G network.
Today’s announcement follows Comcast’s initial entry into the market last year, when the company connected more than 2,000 homes and businesses in Hampton County to the Internet.
Today’s announcement underscores the good that can be done when public and private funds work together to make high-speed Internet affordable and accessible in South Carolina, said Congressman James E. Clyburn. I appreciate Comcast’s continued efforts to expand high-speed broadband services to families and businesses in Hampton County after connecting thousands of homes and businesses last year.
We are excited to continue our work in Hampton County to bring the next generation of technology to residents, said Jason Gumbs, Comcast Regional SVP. We believe today’s announcement is a true milestone for Hampton County and thank the state of South Carolina for its cooperation on this critical project.
Local businesses in Hampton County will now have access to a full suite of Comcast Business Internet, voice and video services. Residential customers will have access to Xfinitys services, including the following:
- Xfinity Mobile Shop for new mobile phones, devices and accessories and choose a flexible data plan – Unlimited or By the Gigabyte – that fits your specific needs.
- Xfinity Internet Connect to the Xfinity 10G network and get speeds of up to 2 gigabits per second, advanced WiFi gateways and powerful WiFi Boost pods that extend coverage to every corner of your home.
- Xfinity X1 Explore our video platform, the ultimate entertainment experience and try Xfinity voice remote control.
- Xfinity Home The Xfinity home security and automation solution.
This expansion also provides households with access to Comcast’s Internet Essentials program, the nation’s largest broadband adoption initiative for low-income households. Internet Essentials provides low-cost broadband service for $9.95 a month, digital literacy training, and discounted computers. This, along with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), offers income-constrained households support on their internet and mobile data plans.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G network
Comcast’s network and Internet experience is powering homes and businesses today and into the future:
- Maximum capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices through the corporate network each year. The Xfinity 10G network with next-generation Xfinity Gateways delivers the most advanced Wi-Fi technology with three times the bandwidth to simultaneously power streaming, gaming, video conferencing and more.
- Faster Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit-speed products, and symmetrical gigabit speeds are expected to hit first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout your home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans to offer more home WiFi support through a boost guarantee later this year. year.
- More reliable connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network, the Xfinity 10G network that passes over 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company plans to launch a new storm-ready device with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when power goes out.
- Ultra low latency: The Xfinity 10G network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that delivers ultra-low latency for those times when response times matter most like gaming, a rapidly growing category with Xfinity families averaging more than a home game console.
Over the past three years, Comcast has added and upgraded nearly 10,000 miles of its network to connect more than 300,000 new businesses and homes in the Southeast
United States. These areas include Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee. Comcast plans to continue this expansion and bring its network to underserved communities through private funding and state and local partnerships.
For residents who want to see if their neighborhood has access to Xfinity services, visit www.Xfinity.com/mytown. For businesses looking to connect, visit www.Business.Comcast.com.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide to the content and experiences we create, our businesses reach hundreds of millions of customers, viewers and guests around the world. We provide world class broadband, wireless and video via Xfinity, Comcast Business and Sky; produce, distribute and stream entertainment, sports and news through brands such as NBC, Telemundo, Universal, Peacock and Sky; and bring incredible theme parks and attractions to life through Universal Destinations Experiences. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
#Comcast #expands #broadband #network #Hampton #County
Image Source : www.blufftontoday.com